Setting up a mirrorWe invite everybody with an interest in the theory of computing to mirror our site. If you intend to do so, please let us know. Our email address is
- A running webserver
- 300 MB space (it is expected that 500MB will suffice for at least five years)
- rsync utility: should be included in your default Linux distribution.
MirroringExecute the following command (in one line):
rsync --delete -a rsync://mirror.theoryofcomputing.org/toc /path/to/mirror/directory/
- The "--delete" flag automatically deletes local files that are no longer on the server. To prevent loss of files, please make sure the target directory (the last argument) is set properly.
- If you are running the command interactively and want to see which files are transferred, add the "-v" flag.
We recommend that you execute this command daily around 11 am GMT. To do so, run "crontab -e" and configure a daily task by adding the following (as one line):
0 11 * * * rsync --delete -a rsync://mirror.theoryofcomputing.org/toc /path/to/mirror/directory/
- We recommend not using "wget" for mirroring as it is much slower and puts a heavy load on our server.
Last updated September 4, 2010.